Custom rebate program participation instructions
Develop the scope of your project either by contacting a contractor of your choice or by working
with your internal staff. Then follow these simple steps to receive your rebate:
- Contact an Energy Solutions Representative at 1.888.316.8023 or email@example.com to determine eligibility.
- Submit the custom rebate application (available January 2, 2018) for approval prior to starting the project, along with the following supporting information:
• Project overview
• Existing and proposed system descriptions
• Energy impact and cost calculations
• Manufacturer’s data sheets
- If your project involves multiple measure types (such as lighting and refrigeration), copy pages 2 and 3 of the custom rebate application and provide the required information for each measure type.
- Note: Project expenditures made by the customer prior to the customer receiving approval of an application may not be eligible for incentives. Only measures not eligible for prescriptive rebates may be submitted to the custom rebate program.
- A site inspection may be required as part of NYSEG/RG&E’s approval process.
- You will be notified in writing when your project has been approved to proceed and what the operational requirements will be.
- After you receive approval, purchase and install the new equipment. Be sure to notify NYSEG or RG&E before implementing any changes to the approved project scope. Projects must be completed within 180 calendar days of project approval.
- Once your project is complete, sign and resubmit your application with authorized signature and supporting documentation including detailed invoices. Be sure the final equipment is identical to the equipment specified in your initial application.
- IRS Form W-9 must be completed and submitted with the application materials for the party receiving the incentive payment. IRS Form W-9 is available at www.irs.gov.
- A post installation inspection may be required to verify the project is installed as proposed.
- You will be notified in writing when your project has been approved for payment.
- You will receive your incentive check within 6 to 8 weeks after verification of the